Current Teaching Certifications:
- USPTA Elite Professional
- USPTA National Tester
- Professional Tennis Registry Pro 1
- Professional Wheelchair Instructor
Author, “On the Other Hand”
- Discusses the importance and role of the non-dominant arm/hand when hitting all tennis strokes
Former Professional Teaching Awards
- USPTA-Southwest Professional of the Year
- PTR Senior 35-over Professional of the Year
Current & Former National Playing RankingCurrent: 2020 # 7 Men’s 55 Doubles
Former: 30’s # 1 Men’s Doubles
40’s # 1 Men’s Doubles
40’s # 6 Men’s Singles
50’s # 2 Mixed Doubles
Recipient of 7 National Balls on all 3 surfaces
- 3 - Singles
- 3 - Doubles
- 1 - Mixed
High School Coaching Highlights
- 4 - Boy’s State Championships at Cathedral HS in El Paso, Texas
- 2 - Girl’s State Championships at Hilton Head HS on Hilton Head, SC
- SWPTA JTT National 18’s Coach
Member of National Tennis Teams
- USA Traebert Cup- Turkey ‘05
- SC Senior Cup - 12 years
- Lousiana Senior Cup- 2 years
- California South Team- 2 years
Teaching and Technique Philosophy
As the author of; “On the Other Hand,” my emphasis as an instructor, coach and player is to focus on both arms/hands working in Tandem when stroking the tennis ball. All tennis strokes can and should use both arms for optimum success in technique and one’s results.
As an instructor, I enjoy all ages and levels of student. Whether you’re a 5 year old, novice to advanced adult and also, a top HS junior or college player, I can and will help all of you. My passion of teaching is that all students do their best, have fun, practice and work hard and the rest will take care of itself.
Equally as enjoyable for me is coaching Adult Club Teams/Leagues and Jr. USTA Teams. Every one can learn as I continue to do and if we all listen, practice and have a good mental attitude, we will find success.
I look forward to helping all of you with your physical and mental aspects of your tennis games and continue to make this sport a healthy and happy part of your life.